Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hungry? Go For a Ride!

So, it was past breakfast time.  I was hungry.  Hungry for food.  Hungry for a good solid bike ride.  So what do you do?  Well, go for a bike ride!  What?  Before eating breakfast?  Dairy Queen sounded good, so I hopped on my bike and rode 40 miles to the closest Dairy Queen in Hoisington, had me a jr hamburger, then rode back!

What a beautiful day for a ride!  The winds stayed East South East all day!  I have lost count how many times I have battled into the headwind to get to Hoisington, only for the winds to change and have the headwinds on the way back.  Hey, that is why we call them training rides, no?

And with 25 miles to go to get back home, the ominous looking clouds started a very light misty sprinkle and kept it up for the whole way back home.  The mist was actually quite rejuvenating and just felt awesome!  Much better than the squall that absolutely dumped on me in the same place and about this same time a year ago......the rain was so heavy and winds so gusty that I was crawling!

I had a great time on the ride and ended up just shy of 80 miles.....now I am hungry again.....ride, eat, repeat....

Keep Spinning!

sk

No comments: